Do we need more intense purification methods to combat the modern contaminants & toxins in our water supply?
If the answer is NO.
Tap & Well Water…Is Much More Than Just H2O!
Not one drop of the water we consume every day is comprised exclusively of hydrogen and oxygen molecules. It contains some amount of minerals, impurities, microorganisms and other contaminants.
- According to the Environmental Working Group, an analysis of testing by water utilities has found more than 250 contaminants in the tap water Americans drink
- Many of the contaminants found were at levels that are legal under the Safe Drinking Water Act or state regulations, but above levels scientific studies have found to pose health risks
- There are no legal limits for the more than 160 unregulated contaminants the tests detected in the nation’s tap water
Water treatment facilities are incapable of removing all pollutants from the water (Source: All about water filters)
- Many of the U.S. mains & pipes are now more than a century old, cities like Flint, Michigan demonstrate that aging pipes can lead to dangerous health problems when not managed properly
- Drinking water in the U.S. is among the top four public health risks posed by environmental problems.
Source: Former EPA Administrator, William K. Reilly
- In the past 12 years, drinking water used by 49 million residents of the United States has been contaminated with bacteria, radioactive materials, and arsenic in levels that are both illegal and incredibly unsafe
- Each year in the U.S., lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children and 560,000 cases of hypertension in adult males.
Source: U.S. EPA Report summary
If the answer is YES.
Most “Out-dated” Generic Coolers only use basic carbon filters to clean the water
- Different types of carbon remove different contaminants, and no one type of carbon removes all contaminants. Activated carbon filters will not remove microbial contaminants, calcium, magnesium, fluoride, nitrate, and many other compounds that are highly soluble in water
Source: Maryland Dept of the Environment
- The smaller the Micron rating will result in better filtration. 0.3 Microns is the size of the SARS Virus (which is a Corona virus, not an Influenza virus). The Flu virus, like H1N1 from 1918 and H5N1 today is more like 0.1 microns.
Source: U.S. National Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
- Most carbon filters DO NOT remove lead or other heavy metals from drinking water. Only special activated carbon filters can handle those contaminants. Across the board, carbon is ineffective against: Arsenic, Fluoride, Microbes and Nitrates
Blue Marble Water Solutions purification products take unfiltered water and puts it through a purification & conditioning process unmatched by our competition. Our solutions will virtually remove all Contaminants, Carcinogens & Pathogens for SAFE, CLEAN DRINKING WATER!